June 4, 2012

Carrot Whoopie Pies



My mother-in-law had her birthday this past week so we waited until the weekend to celebrate so that my brother-in-law could join us. She had decided on carrot cake but I wanted to mix it up a bit so decided to do whoopie pies. I really wanted to make these that I had pinned but when I went to make them Saturday morning I realized I only had quick oats not old fashioned, bummer!

With a quick search of the internet I found these which looked just as yummy and I had all the ingredients. I did change just a couple things:

  • I made most of them mini, using a tablespoon scoop for each half. 
  • I also scooped them immediately after mixing and then refrigerated hoping they would hold their shape better. 
  • I did make a few larger ones, two tablespoons, but in the end the mini were more popular. 
  • After frosting I thinned the frosting a bit and added drizzle and then rainbow jimmies.
Definitely will make them again but will do all mini this time- they actually tasted better. Is that even possible? Maybe the ratio of frosting to pie was better in the little ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment