January 5, 2012

Easy Linen Shirt Edit



A few months ago I ordered Sewing For Boys after reading its praises on many different blogs. The day it arrived in the mail I quickly tore into the package to find that the book seemed to be all it was promised to be. A fussy baby prevented actually getting a project started.

As December dawned and our family pictures loomed in the near future I cut out the pattern for The Easy Linen Shirt. I pulled out a bag of old dress shirts my dad had given me and had Mae weigh in with his fabric choice.

The pattern was easy to use and came together quickly. I made a size 2/3 but had to size it down a bit to fit Mae who usually wears a 2T. The biggest edit I made was to skip the collar and instead add a hood giving the shirt a more casual look.

Love the way it turned out and will definitely make another. This time maybe with fleece?

1 comment:

  1. i really, really love this shirt with a hood. what a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete